The UFV does not have a hosting service. However, the International Relations Office has useful information that could help you to locate housing. The most economical option is to rent a flat with other students (between 350 and 500 euros, not including expenses). The most economical thing is to rent a flat shared with other students (between 400 and 500 euros excluding expenses – water, electricity, etc.). The options are diverse: single rooms with or without ensuite bathroom, full-floor rental, families, student residences, etc. Our recommendation is to contact Citylife Madrid that will help you in everything related to your stay, even before arriving in Madrid (accommodation, bank account, transportation, mobile hiring, Internet, etc.)
There are many ways to find accommodation:
The UFV recommends renting through specialized agencies who charge a small commission but guarantee you the security of having a signed contract and be able to claim in case of any problems. Do not forget to indicate that you are a UFV student and they will apply you a discount. The best areas for students are: Argüelles, Moncloa, Alonso Martínez, Gran via, Bilbao and the surrounding area. The area of Aluche and Plaza de Castilla are also very well connected with the university.
Always remember to sign a contract
Or you won’t be able to claim in case there be a problem
- Specialized agencies: www.helpmadrid.com, www.aluni.net, www.spotahome.com, www.mobility.studentsglobalrelocation.com; www.rookieintown.com, www.beroomers.com, www.madrideasy.com, www.firststepsinmadrid, www.uniplaces.com, www.accommadrid.com, www.bemadrid.com, www.housinganywhere.com; www.mad4rent.es; www.lifeinspain.es; who will charge a small fee, but will simplify your search. These companies have a large database of individual flats rentals, shared apartments, rooms, etc
Reserva tu alojamiento de forma cómoda, segura y 100% online a través de Beroomers. Miles de alojamientos a un solo clic para que solo tengas que elegir el que más encaje contigo. Haz clic en BEROOMERS y encuentra hoy tu alojamiento ideal! Si necesitas más información puedes contactar escribiendo a firstname.lastname@example.org.
HousingAnywhere: To book your new room in Madrid before your arrival, Universidad Francisco de Vitoria recommends HousingAnywhere, the international student housing platform. On the platform you can safely book your new room, offered by our outgoing students or by verified private landlords. Sign-up here to receive a UFV VIP profile andpriority access to the rooms available: https://housinganywhere.com/Madrid–Spain/universidad-francisco-de-vitoria/sign-up. For more information check this guide or contact email@example.com.
- ERASMUSU is the largest students community in Europe. You will be able to book verified accommodation through a safe system, not only in Madrid but also all around the world if you are planning to study abroad. You can also look up information about different cities and universities, read about other travellers’ experiences, check out destinations’ evaluations, find job and internship offers. WEB PAGE: https://erasmusu.com/en/erasmus-madrid/student-housing What we offer in Erasmusu:
- More than 5000 accommodations in Madrid such as rooms, apartments, studios and dorms.
- Customized email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30% discount on the booking fee with the code UFV30 available by entering this link
- If you want to be contacted by Erasmusu click here.
How to book in Erasmusu: Book the accommodation by paying the first month. The landlord has 48 hours to accept or refuse your offer. Once it is accepted, you can contact the landlord.
If you have accommodation for rent in Madrid click here.
- You can also locate accommodations through websites such as www.idealista.com, www.segundamano.com , www.fotocasa.es or www.tripadvisor.es/Rentals
- If you need to locate temporary housing, here is a good link for hotels, hostels, etc.: www.catshostel.com, www.room007.com, www.trivago.es
- Housing in a dormitory, such as HouseInn www.residenciaestudiantes-madrid.es, Palacio de Barradas www.palaciodebarradas.com., Estuhome www.estuhome.com
- Purchase a bus pass and a mobile card for your phone.
- Put on some comfortable shoes and be patient, you will not find your ideal apartment the first day.
- Before signing a contract, check what expenses are included (heating, water, telephone, electricity, community, etc.). Normally the community and heating costs are included, the cost of electricity, telephone and water will be paid by the renter.
- Always see the house before renting it or rent it through an agency, sign a lease that describes the conditions, if you can attach pictures to the contract, the better.
- You can ask for a bank guarantee or deposit, we recommend that you give a deposit of one month and provided with a receipt.
- Signing a contract, and if you want, before you sign it, bring it to the office of International Affairs for review.
At the University we are not responsible for your accommodation or problems that may arise in your search or your stay, however we would like to help you in all about your housing, so we recommend you that if you have any question about contracts, deposit, transports, wifi at home, bank account, hospitals, etc.; do not hesitate to contact CityLifeMadrid, they would be very grateful to help you in everything.