Clinical Electives Requirements for students from Foreign Universities
Procedure for students from universities with whom an exchange agreement may exist or otherwise. The following PROCESS must be followed:
APPLICATION OPEN FOR 2017-2018
- ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS: only those students that at the moment of taking part in the Elective at the UFV have at least finished their fourth year of studies (third year for students from the USA) and are registered at a university during the Elective will be admitted. Preference will be given to students taking higher courses.
- APPLICATIONS DEADLINES: Each academic year, applications will be accepted from 1st November until 1st February. Any application outside this period will not be considered.
- PERIOD AND DURATION OF THE CLINICAL ELECTIVES: Stays of 4 weeks for all the associated hospitals to the UFV during the months of June, July, August and September of each academic year, except when another specific agreement between universities regarding the duration or time period has been reached.
- APPLICATION: Students must fill out the form (at the end of this page) indicating the Elective requested, speciality and dates. Acceptance or refusal of the application will be sent before 15th February.
- ADMINISTRATIVE FEES: Once the place has been confirmed to the student, all the applications for clinical electives will entail administrative expenses of €400/per month, unless another pre-established agreement with the university of origin exists. The student should send the receipt of having made the necessary payment within the period of time that will be communicated once accepted
- SPECIALITIES: The specialities that can be eligible for clinical electives are detailed below. The UFV will assess the availability of each speciality for the time periods requested:
- Internal Medicine
- General Surgery and the Digestive System
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Intensive Care
Once the student’s application has been approved by International Relations Office, the students must submit the following documents to Ana I. Fernández (firstname.lastname@example.org). Deadline for handing in these documents will be one month before the clinical rotation starts. Students who don’t have their file completed will automaticaly withdrawn.
- Information regarding immunization against hepatitis B. / Vaccination schedule. Proof of Immunization UFV.
- Civil liability insurance (100.000€). COMPROMISO SEGUROS ROTACIONES.
- Official proof of enrollment (current year).